Why Procurement is like a Day at the Amusement ParkAmusement parks, restaurants and bars have procurement techniques they use to get more done with the limited resources they have available.
You are probably asking yourself: “What does an amusement park or happy hour have to do with eProcurement?” Quite a bit actually!
Restaurants, bars and amusement parks have techniques they use to get more done with the limited resources they have available. Many of them stem from the “lean” movement and six sigma, which combines speed and efficiency with accuracy. You can employ some of the same techniques in your organization to get more done with the resources that are available to you.
Topics & Techniques you can Learn:
- Intro to Lean Six Sigma, and how it relates to procurement: through happy hours, cash-only lines, and amusement park virtual queuing systems.
- How to design queues to streamline work output.
- How to slash negotiation time and reduce mistakes with of standardized contract management and negotiation.
- Negotiation: why you need to know about social influence.
- E-procurement catalogs: why you need them, and how they save you time and money, enable efficient compliance reporting and improve negotiations.